Openings for the 2018/19 school year
Hanford Christian School (K-8) is currently accepting applications for a Christ following Kindergarten teacher and a 1st grade teaches for the 2018-2019 school year.
HCS is committed to Christ-centered education that supports the growth of the whole child with strong academic, fine arts and athletic programs. The ideal candidate needs to have a B.A. in Education and a current teaching certificate. Interested candidates should agree fully with the school’s statement of beliefs, be an active member of a church, and demonstrate the ability to engage and inspire young learners. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume along with the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The links to the application and the school website are : http://www.hanfordchristian.org/about/employment.cfm For more information please contact Diana Schmidt/Principal at 559-548-9207
Technology Director/K-8th Computer Teacher
Hanford Christian is seeking an experienced Technology Director/K-8th Computer teacher for the 2018-2019 school year. The candidate must demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of computer skills, must have experience in designing instruction and technology integration. This teaching position will be responsible for technology curriculum and programming for Kindergarten through 8th grades.
Responsible for the operation and instructional leadership of the preschool facility. The director is responsible for the hiring, training, and termination of staff (with the partnership of the school Administrator). The director develops the curriculum, ensures the school meets any standards set by state, and always maintains an environment where Christ is the center of all that is done. Director duties also include teaching on an as needed basis.
- Supervise preschool teachers and childcare workers
- Teach class on an as needed basis
- Establish policies and communicate them to staff and parents
- Provide training and professional development opportunities for staff
- Assist staff in resolving conflicts between children
- Maintain effective communication with parents
- Meet with parents and staff to discuss students’ progress
- Help to establish budgets and set fees for programs
- Ensure facilities are maintained and cleaned according to state regulations
- Hire and train new staff members in partnership with the school Administrator.
- Develop educational programs and set educational standards
- Report directly to the school Administrator
- Provide quarterly report to the board concerning preschool progress